Subject: Re: Can't build 5.1.2 kernel (solved)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:55:47 -0500 (EST)
Al <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost> wrote:

I just wanted to let everyone know just how well NetBSD 6 works!
There have been major improvements. In fact, it even seems a little
bit faster when doing most things. I am very happy with it. I would
recommend that everyone upgrades.

Nice to hear! :)
So there are no problems left?

Yes, all the problems that I have been having with NetBSD 4 have gone away. I am really not sure what I did to NetBSD 4 to cause the problems I was having, but there were some major issues. Now, I can untar many tar balls at one time and the system doesn't crash. I can also use cvs. There are other things that are working too. It caches some of the things when it is running ./configure when building a package. This makes this a little bit faster. Transfer rates seem much higher on the system that I have co-located. On a system that I have here locally connecting to the internet via a satellite connection now named works. I can do an nslookup and use the name server that is on this system and I get an IP. In fact, networking has seemed to improve too. There are so many good things to say about NetBSD 6.

I have several things in my dmesg that I didn't see before. So, I have a few questions about them.