Port-m68k archive

Re: cross compiling on Amiga

On 13 June 2012 16:09, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Out of memory. How much physical and virtual memory do you have?
>>
>> IIRC the amiga and some other m68k ports also have a quite limited
>> virtual address space (to allow running SunOS/68k binaries?). The memory
>> requirements for compiling gcc 4 are just too big.
>
> Even macppc machines can't build their own toolchain without u(n)limiting.
>
> Maybe it's time to remove SunOS support or make the optional case where it's
> disabled so as not to limit the virtual address space...

Do you know by how much does the VM increase without SunOS support? If
its significant then I definitely think we should be defaulting to no
COMPAT_SUNOS...

It may also make sense to review the default data and other limits on
the system. I know i386 & amd64 keep increasing the defaults, and
while their values may not make sense on an m68k I suspect todays
m68ks defaults should be higher than those from 1992 :)