Port-m68k archive

Re: Incomplete bus.h

rkujawa@ wrote:

> On 5 maj 2012, at 11:53, Martin Husemann wrote:
>
> > Some m68k architectures have an incomplete bus.h header: it does not
> > define bus_dma_tag_t and friends. Solution would be to add a
> >
> > #include <m68k/bus_dma.h>
> >
> > in there (as for example mac68k already does). This would fix -current
> > build failures in if_axe.c.
> >
> > Is there any reason not to do this?
>
> I'm not sure if there's any reason, but I've already did this in
> amiga/include/pci_machdep.h and it didn't break anything. It was
> needed to compile the PCI MI layer. On the other hand, I don't
> know how m68k/bus_dma.h relates to MD DMA specifics. I never had
> the chance to test it, because we don't (yet) support PCI DMA to
> host memory on amiga.

By the way, is there any plan to add support for PCI DMA bus master
devices on amiga?

I think amiga can use m68k/bus_dma.c for most bus_dma(9) functions
like mac68k, but I wonder if DMA implementation on amiga has some
DMA xfer range restriction, like 24 bit address range of ISA
(or x68k's intio) which require bounce buffer support.

---
Izumi Tsutsui