Port-m68k archive

Re: kmem changes in -current

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Hauke Fath wrote:

So you think this could be done dynamically?

Certainly. I looked at the mac68k pmap_bootstrap.c, and it would be a little messy for that port. The value for physmem is set near the end of pmap_bootstrap(), well after the kernel page tables have been initialized. I'm not clear on how physmem gets calculated on the mac68k, but I would think a rough aproximation on the size of memory is all that would be needed. The other m68k ports other than the amiga, atari, and sun3 appear to have physmem set before pmap_bootstrap() is called, so that should be an easy fix for those.

Mike

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant