Port-m68k archive

Re: Problems with awk/nbawk on m68k

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Where the reported regressions only on 68060?

  So far it's only 68060.  I haven't had a chance to check my 68040
system, and I don't have any 68030 systems.

> I haven't looked closely at the recent pmap changes, but: is branch
> target cache flushing still intact? Because if not, I would expect
> occasional erratic behaviour of that sort.

  If that's the problem, it's probably been there since the 68060 support
was added.  I've been testing with a 3.0_RC5 kernel that was built in 2005
and it exhibits the same types of problems.  Also, I would sort of expect
it to show up in other programs, although it could be that the code in awk
might be more susceptible to that.

Mike