Port-m68k archive

Re: sun2 and playstation2 ports to be moved into Attic

fredette%csail.mit.edu@localhost writes:

>The older m68010 is missing some instructions and addressing
>modes that the later m68k CPUs have, which gcc (last I looked,
>a long time ago) required for -fPIC:

our gcc allows -fpic but not -fPIC for -m68000 which limits
the GOT to 32k.

>#3  The m68010 virtual address space is only 16MB.

libc needs about 850k. I don't think the 16MB limit would be
a problem for this reason, but it is unlikely that you
could build a system natively with gcc (but maybe pcc?).

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost