Port-m68k archive

Re: Question about caching

Ping?  Does no one else remember either? :-)

On Aug 25, 2009, at 5:37 PM, Jason Thorpe wrote:

I have forgotten some of the details about how the cache on the m68k works, and I long since got rid of my manuals, so I need to ask the question here :-)

If a page is mapped into multiple pmaps (e.g. kernel pmap and a user pmap), and one of those mappings is cache-inhibited, do all of the mappings need to be cache-inhibited? My feeling is that the answer is "yes".

I know I need to do this for the HP MMU/VAC case (separate VACs for kernel/user), but I want to verify for the physically-addressed cache case.

Thanks.

-- thorpej

-- thorpej