Subject: gcc 3/4 status for NetBSD 3/4
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.org>
From: arthur <arthur@ilvsun3.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 02/07/2007 18:59:16
I found a problem with NetBSD 3.0 Sun3 gcc-3.3.3 generating invalid m68k
assembly code and submitted a PR here:
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=35561

What is the status of GCC for NetBSD/Sun3?

I see here: http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/changes.html#obsolete_systems_
that gcc obsoleted: Sun systems, m68000-sun-sunos*, m68k-sun-sunos*, and
m68k-sun-mach*

Does that mean that gcc support for SunOS 4.1.1 was dropped, but gcc
support for NetBSD Sun3 is still going strong?  Does somebody have gcc4
running on a sun3 that can try the test case and see if its fixed in
gcc4?  If gcc still has support for NetBSD, should I also submit the bug
to the gcc folks, or does the NetBSD PR manager for gcc handle that?

thanks,
arthur