Subject: Re: Preprocessor define for m68020 or greater
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-m68k
Date: 02/05/2007 08:06:48
On Sunday 04 February 2007 22:04, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I would like to use instructions like tas, cas, and cas2 in some
> kernel code - so I'd need to know if we are compiling for m68020 or
> greater - is there some easy way to do that?

See <m68k/cacheops.h> for the canonical way to do this on the m68k ports.

Note that it's possible to build a single kernel with support for more
than one flavour of m68k (mvme68k GENERIC supports 030, 040, and 060 for
example), so you may have to check 'cputype' at runtime in such kernels.

Cheers, Steve