Subject: Re: pthreads and SIGILL on m68k
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.org, vincent@labri.fr>
From: None <SigmFSK@aol.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 11/19/2006 17:24:36
_vincent@labri.fr_ (mailto:vincent@labri.fr)
>>> writes:
>>> BTW, I saw that there are movel  %sp,%sp@- in a few places in
>>> libpthread. Could the behaviour of  this instruction be
>>> non-deterministic? I couldn't see anything  in the m68k manuals which
>>> would dictate the precise behaviour of  this instruction.

I expect that it is deterministic.  The Verdix host compiler for  sun3 uses
this same instruction a lot.  I found that the TME sun3 emulator  did it
incorrectly (ex: if sp starts at 100, it moves 96 to address 96 instead  of 100 to
address 96).  If the instruction was nondeterminisitc I expect  that a lot of
Verdix customers would have been upset back in the 1980's.   cmpm (sp)+,(sp)+
is also another weird one that performs identically each  execution.
/arthur