Subject: which accelerator board should i use ?
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@spamcop.net>
List: port-m68k
Date: 08/14/2005 13:08:53
Hello

I got a brand new Amiga 1200 at home. I bought it a few years ago from a
store in the south of France, new in the original package with blister.
I have added a small IDE (500 Mb) and I would like to move this machine
to NetBSD.

I have found a store online that offers accelerator boards :

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com

The 68060 one is too expensive (over 300 euro) so I would rather grab
the following stuff for my 1200 :

- BLIZZARD 1230-IV ACCELERATOR w/64MB RAM
- 68882 50Mhz FPU (PGA)

Should I grab another board that works better with NetBSD ?

For the network, they offer a Pcmcia card but there is not a lot of
information about (AMIGA PCMCIA NETWORK CARD MKIII) so I hope it will
work or I'll have some work to do there.

Well right now the 1200 is sleeping all the time and I don't think I'll
use it unless it runs on NetBSD.

Any advice about running NetBSD there will be welcome :)

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; fsck
; umount ; sleep