Subject: Re: 2.0 kernel eating all memory
To: <>
From: Ruediger Engel <granada@a500.de>
List: port-m68k
Date: 01/22/2005 16:21:48
Hi John!

> Has anyone besides Al Zick and myself noticed that memory allocated to
> the kernel on NetBSD 2.0 on at least Amiga and mac68k keeps growing
> and growing until the system runs out of memory and crashes?

Yes, just to confirm this. My A4000 still does not run long enough to
have eaten up _all_ the memory, but after just 2 days of uptime it
already uses 32MB:

Amiga 4000 with 128MB of memory after 2 days, mostly busy building
software from pkgsrc:
    6 root      18    0     0K   32M syncer    22:57  0.15%  0.15% [ioflush]

Did anyone of the mac68k-Users confirm this or is this problem
netbsd/amiga-specific?

Regards
Ruediger