Subject: Re: Basic 68060 Design
To: None <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: port-m68k
Date: 01/03/2002 19:55:20
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 02:52:19PM +0000, Ken Seefried wrote:

> Yes...finding stuff on the Motorola site is not easy, but after
> significant searching, I can't find anything that resembles a 68060
> "reference design" or other minimal implimentation of a complete
> system.

d'oh... I misread that as 68360 for some reason.  (too much

> If I've missed something, could you provide a reference?

best I could find was (a badly scanned) copy of the user manual...

and a minimal eval for the 68030, which I suppose isn't much use:

there are the 68060-based MVME177 boards, but looking over documentation
for them doesn't reveal anything useful.  I didn't find anything on, either.  suck.

> > I'm curious why you're going with the 060 instead of PPC?
> Because I've got some 68060s?  And I can't solder BGA packages?

reason enough.  :)  I've always dreamed of home-brewing a 68k NetBSD
system of my own.  let us know if you succeed!

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
          "Making people dance so hard their pants almost fall
                 off is kind of fun."  -- David Evans