Subject: Re: Fastest m68k box for bulk package builds
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-m68k
Date: 09/24/2001 09:45:35
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, John Klos wrote:

> > 	Would anyone be able to suggest fast m68k boxes for bulk-package
> > 	builds? Even better, does anyone have one spare they could set
> > 	to building binary packages for ftp.netbsd.org?
>
> Yes. I built 1,900 m68k packages and uploaded them at the beginning of the
> month. I'm using an Amiga 1200, 50 MHz 68060, 256 megs of memory, and a
> really fast 18 gig SCSI drive connected to Fast SCSI-2.

	That certainly sounds like a pretty fask m68k box :)

> I didn't really know where to announce this, and netbsd-announce people
> didn't tell me where...

	How often does the bulk-build complete? If its every couple of
	months I'd be inclined to put up a link in each m68k port's
	homepage, plus mail the m68k port lists. If its more than
	every other month I'd probably cut down on the mail :)

> I'm also working on building a 6 machine Quadra cluster for bulk builds.
> It's about half done.

	Sounds interesting - are you using the pkgsrc bulk-build target
	as a base?

> I intend to start another build soon. Are you interested in having
> specific things built?

	Not as such - just trying to see who is bulk-building and where
	we may need to recruit more people. Are you able to run off some
	1.4.x bulk-builds also?

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --