Subject: Re: PR 9725 (040 + pmap)
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@baymoo.org>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.co.uk>
List: port-m68k
Date: 07/21/2001 18:35:58
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Jeremy Cooper wrote:

> At this point I will stand up on a tiny sopbox and humbly offer that you
> examine the sun3x pmap.  It is based on a design that Gordon Ross
> suggested, and I implemented, for the 68030.  It might overcome some of
> these limitations.

Oh, nice one. :)

I had no idea that was in the source tree. It's exactly what's needed to
solve the 040/060 problem. It actually does so in a similar way to how I'd
envisioned doing it... ;-)

If you don't mind, I'll mess around with it to add 680[46]0 support with a
view to making this the base for a common m68k pmap.

Cheers, Steve