Subject: Re: Number of NKMEMPAGES?
To: John <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 06/07/2001 09:04:08
hi,

there's no reason that I know of why m68k platforms should have such
low limits on kernel memory.  the numbers that you show are the upper
bounds on the various platforms, see kmeminit_nkmempages() for details.

the best thing would be for you to build kernels with NKMEMPAGES_MAX
set really high and see if that causes any problems on your
well-endowed machines.  if it works, then you can talk to the
port-maintainers about raising the maximum on the platforms where
you've tested.

-Chuck