Subject: Re: PR #6724
To: Erik Bertelsen <ebe@statsbiblioteket.dk>
From: MINOURA Makoto <minoura@netbsd.org>
List: port-m68k
Date: 05/23/2001 18:01:46
This kind of discussion occured repeatedly in this list.
Please read it in advance.

|> In <3B0B7526.253F0580@statsbiblioteket.dk>
|> Erik = "Erik Bertelsen" <ebe@statsbiblioteket.dk> wrote:

Erik> If a given option is defopt'ed on some m68k-based archs and not on other, and if
Erik> it
Erik> influences code in arch/m68k (i.e. a file below arch/m68k as #ifdef on this
Erik> option), then I actually
Erik> consider this a rather serious bug.

No.  As far as I know you can defopt M680x0 and FPSP by
modifying only sys/arch/mac68k/* files.

Erik> Secondly: I don't know whether there is a formal definition of an option or not,
Erik> but if you put e.g.
Erik> "options M68040" in any m68k-based arch's config file, it will send a -DM68040
Erik> to all compilations
Erik> and this will cause different selections in some of the files below arch/m68k.
Erik> To me that makes it
Erik> an option.

I mean, when you can put `options M68040' that M68040 is an
option.  Legal options are different from ports to ports.
On some ports M68040 is just a macro, not an option.

--
Minoura Makoto <minoura@netbsd.org>