Subject: Re: What's the current status of the FPE?
To: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 04/29/2001 13:08:03
On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 02:39:51AM -0500, Tod McQuillin wrote:
> Has anyone tested Ignatios Souvatzis's recent m68k FPE changes?  They were
> intended to improve lc040 support but I haven't heard from anyone whether
> they improve the situation on lc040 macs.

I have tested them on a C610 with what I think is a buggy LC040 and
I still see problems.  I'm not sure if they're all due to the LC040
revision being a buggy one or not (and I'm not positive that the
revision that I have is buggy--I've heard that some of the problems
were introduced sometime during production, so earlier and later ones
are OK, but middle-aged ones are not).

> Have is's changes been moved to the release branch yet?

It looks like they were pulled up to the 1.5 branch on 26 September,
so 1.5, even, should have them.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...