Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-m68k
Date: 05/24/1998 21:32:31
On Sun, May 24, 1998 at 10:09:05AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Sat, 23 May 1998 14:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
>  The Source of All Evil <source@NetBSD.ORG> wrote:
>
> This change is wrong.  Not all m68k ports use "M680x0" options to configure
> processor support.  For example, the hp300 port keys off HPxxx options,
> like "HP360" or "HP433".
>
> Please back out these changes.

I was only aware of the Sun3, and was not aware that non-M680?0-using ports
were actually hurt by this. I must have missed this problem when I discussed
this change few months ago.

As I type this, the commit of the back out is running.

I'm afraid that people, who already config-ed because of the change, will
have to config again. Don't forget it! Contrary to the original change,
changing it back wont necessarily create compilation errors, just run-time.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
	-is