Subject: Re: mkisofs on NetBSD-m68k
To: Kerry Paulson <kerryp@cyberspc.mb.ca>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-m68k
Date: 05/16/1996 20:32:46
>   Has anyone used mkisofs with NetBSD-m68k?  I made a test image and
> mounted it on /dev/vnd0c but the filenames were all 8.3 lowercase.  I
> can use -l to get long filenames, but the Rockridge extensions for the
> filenames and symlinks seem to be ignored.  I used mkisofs -Rv to create
> the image.

i've used mkisofs on NetBSD/i386 to create images using the command
line:

~/mkisofs/mkisofs -A "NetBSD/Alpha Distribution Archives" -D -o ~cgd/cdrom.file -P "Chris Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>" -p "Chris Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>" -R -r -v .

If it doesn't work under NetBSD/m68k, it more-or-less has to be
because of byte order problems in mkisofs.

>   I created an image of the same filesystem on a friend's linux box using
> the same options and I get the RR extensions when I mount that image.

What kind of machine was it?  x86?  if so, that really doesn't tell
you much (when comparing with my result)...  8-(

Have you tried using any of the utilities in the 'diag' subdir?

chris