Subject: IIx SCSI Unknown error 80?
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Loron <peterl@diver.ocean.washington.edu>
List: port-m68k
Date: 03/04/1996 13:25:53
I've got a IIx (5MB/160MB) that I've got NetBSD 1.1 on. I can boot into
single user mode ok, but the machine hangs when booting into multi-user
mode. Things appear fine until we get to the SCSI device section of the
bootup. I get the:

ncrscsi0 at mainbus0
scsibus0 at ncrscsi0

messages and it finds the 160MB drive at sd0 fine. It then does a series
of aborted probes at ncrscsi0:0:X where X=1 to 7. I then get a line saying:

ncr96scsi0 at mainbus0 not configfured.

I then get some more normal looking messages about the sound chip, floppy
drive, etc. It hangs after going into the Automatic boot section. At the
end I get:

setting tty flags
starting network
add host myname.my.domain: gateway localhost
sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0): Unknown message 80

and then it hangs. Any ideas? I've tried a couple of diferent kernels and
they all stop at the same point. Ethernet card doesn't seem to affect it.

Also, if the ethernet card is installed, I get these errors:

ae0: warning - receiver ring buffer overrun

when I'm booting into multi-user (before the hang) and when I'm in single
user mode. Any ideas on this one? Do I need to tinker with a setting file
or something? Thanks.

-Peter Loron