Subject: Re: Minicom 1.71 (fwd)
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Explorer <asx@ccnet.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 08/21/1995 09:39:00
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 11:51:42 +0200
From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>
To: asx@ccnet.com
Subject: Re: Minicom 1.71

You wrote:

> I'm trying to compile Minicom 1.71 on NetBSD -- I am using BSD 4.3
> configuration in the Makefile.
>
> The entire compilation process and the installation process proceeds
> without errors.  And the program runs.
> However, the program will not dial out -- even though the screen says it
> is -- I can't type anything to the modem, even though the TR light is lit
> up.  My lock file is /var/uucp.

Hmm, this looks the same as the SunOS problem - you can't talk
to the modem if hardware handshaking is set and DCD is still low.
Or the other problem, that the driver doesn't like it that setting
the baudrate to 0 is used to drop DTR.

I'll try to fix it in a new version, since I now have access
to a FreeBSD machine (and SunOS boxes as well)

Mike.
--
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl      Cistron Internet Services
Mail info@cistron.nl               An independent Dutch Internet Provider