Subject: Re: removing double mapping of kstack.
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
List: port-m68k
Date: 05/08/1995 10:20:46
> > Both of these solutions seem pretty ugly.  Anyone have a
> > different approach?
>
> Well, I'm working off the alpha code which does the direct
> return to rei.  I haven't gotten it working, yet--got distracted...
>
> You lose a couple of things by skipping the return to syscall,
> but presumably the fresh new process won't have received a signal,

Heh I uncovered a bug a while ago that directly resulted from the
child having a signal pending before it had retuned from the
initial fork.  I don't recall the detail but I think it went like
this.  Fork() returns to the parent which is say the shell and
you happen to hit ^C at the correct time.  The child ends up
being signalled.

Perhaps a return to another function in locore.s that then calls
a function in trap.c to finalize the fork() (i.e. syscall debug,
userret(), etc..)

Chris.