Subject: Re: MVME147 Anyone?
To: Aleksandr Milewski <n6mod@rahul.net>
From: Dale Rahn <drahn@pacific.urbana.mcd.mot.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 02/20/1995 09:21:48

> Hello All,
>         I'm new to the NetBSD community, but I'm eager to get some systems
> going.  I have a handful of sun3 stuff, a sun4 (IPC) and a VME box with an
> MVME147SA-1.  At present, the VME box is running SystemV/68, and I know
> that switching back and forth between BSD or SunOS and SysV is going to rot
> my brain.  Has anyone attempted running a version of the m68k port on a
> MVME card?
>
>         Thanks--Zandr

I have been working on getting NetBSD ported to the MVME147 processor.
It is not yet working, I have virtual memory up and the basic console output
driver, but have not gotten much farther yet. I am stuck debugging several
things at the same time. I have found basic drivers for the serial, scsi
and ethernet in other ports of NetBSD. I believe that most of that code
can be reused.

DDB symbols.
interrupt code (mmu exception).
Miniroot support.