Subject: pmap and kvm nonsense
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-m68k
Date: 09/17/1994 23:25:56
A few things:

1) You should eliminate `struct pte' and `struct ste', and instead use
`pt_entry_t' and `st_entry_t', typedef'd to the appropriate types
(i.e. int or u_int; I don't care which).  You can use masks and shifts
to extract and insert values.

2) I want to see the use of `cpu040' die, especially as it's used now.
The hack for SEGSHIFT, in particular, is just sick.  I can't think of
any reason to not have a real `mmutype' variable like the hp300 port
does.

3) It would be nice if the pmaps for the various m68k ports were
merged.

4) The Amiga port will find that libkvm doesn't compile in the main
branch of the CVS tree until it does at least part of #1.