Subject: Re: fpspnull.s
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-m68k
Date: 07/03/1994 07:43:27
> ... is totally bogus.  A better way to get this effect is to simply
> #ifdef the code which sets up the exception vectors in locore.  i.e.,
> int the Amiga port:

If you do this, you can also conditionalize the support routines, too,
I think.

> Anything that uses floating point will then core dump.  If you don't
> like that behavior, then panic in identify_cpu() or something.

Only if you compile a kernel w/o FPSP and run it on an '040 and use one
of the fp functions that the '040 doesn't support in h/w.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =