Port-ia64 archive

/sbin/init

Hi,

I was able to compile /sbin/init
I don't expect it to do anything usefull, even after exec() works, because the syscall stubs are broken, as are the kernel syscall entry points.

There's lots of stubs in libc which need cleanup, but I thought I'd send an update.

Next steps for me are patching the kernel image Memory Disk with an FS with /sbin/init, and trying to exec() it from kernel.

A lot of things will get straightened out in that process including:

exec(), Syscalls, fork, csu glue etc.

I'll possibly be AFK now + one week.

developers:
If you're working on the toolchain, please feel free to commit your changes if they don't break /sbin/init builds.
mknative is a worthy goal from a toolchain perspective.

Thanks,

Cherry.