Subject: Re: Announce DDB:
To: Cherry G. Mathew <cherry@mahiti.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-ia64
Date: 12/27/2005 02:41:58
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
> Do send in your comments.

This is probably a stupid question, but: how and where to start?
I understand that installing pkgsrc/emulators/ski is the first step,
but what then? Are there any prebuilt binaries (kernel, floppy/CD images,
...), or do they have to be built? How?

Having easily to follow instructions may help people following and
helping! (I just have a cursory interest in the port and won't be of much
help with the actual data; my focus is on documentation :-)

Maybe you can post some instructions that we can link to as "getting
started" from http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/ia64/ or putting it on the
port-ia64-FAQ.

  - Hubert