Port-i386 archive

Re: Per-cpu IDT patch

Le 03/07/2020 à 07:11, s ymgch a écrit :
Hi all,

I tried to make an IDT per-cpu. The patch is here:
http://www.netbsd.org/~yamaguchi/pcpu-idt.patch

The summary of modifications is as follows.
- Add an IDT pointer and idt_allocmap into struct cpu_info
- Change prototype of cpu_init_idt()
    - void => struct cpu_info*
    - for loading an IDT address in struct cpu_info*
- Copy a part of IDT entries from cpu 0 at attaching a CPU
    - for the same entries, for example, exceptions, db, etc.

This function can be enabled by PCPU_IDT option that is newly provided.

Why would we want a per-cpu IDT? To increase the number of entries?

Does this patch look good?
Please let me know if you have any comments about this.

Since the idt page is moved into pcpu_entry, it can be removed from
pcpu_area

Maxime