Port-i386 archive

Re: i386 start routine

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 07:36:01AM +0200, Maxime Villard wrote:
> The temporary stack is part of .data, which is mapped.

I made some progress in my understanding of the situation: the
problem happens when booting from EFI but not from BIOS. And
the difference is taht paging is already enabled when booting
from EFI.

I also note that when we do not use multiboot with EFI, we go
through src/sys/arch/i386/stand/bootia32/startprog32.S which
disables paging and PAZ before starting the kernel.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost