Port-i386 archive

Re: mfi vs mpii and st devices

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019, Mark Davies wrote:
On 16/07/19 4:08 am, Stephen Borrill wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 05:32:44PM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
Would you expect to be able to see an st device attached to an mfi card?
 The st is visible when attached to an mpii

I don't think it'll work when attached to a mfi, as its firmware hides
physical devices to provide logical volumes.

Thats what I though, and seemed to be what experiment was showing.

You could reflash it to IT mode if you didn't need RAID.

Amy pointers on how to do this?  I have some Dell PERC H310 cards that
I'm happy to try this out on.

I've only done this on IBM ServeRAID cards, but the Internet seems to suggest the following for H310:

https://tylermade.net/2017/06/27/how-to-crossflash-perc-h310-to-it-mode-lsi-9211-8i-firmware-hba-for-freenas-unraid/
https://techmattr.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/updated-sas-hba-crossflashing-or-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/

--
Stephen