Port-i386 archive

Re: Fwd: Fwd: Booting USB Flash

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:44:21PM -0600, Andrew Ball wrote:
>   ASB> Interestingly, NetBSD/i386 6.1.5 *does* boot from USB flash.
>
> NetBSD/i386 7.1.2 boots.  7.2 does not.  Do we know what changed that
> might impact bootability?

There were no changes to the bootloader between 7.1 and 7.2.

You said you see nothing, not even the bootloader prompt?

Can you show fdisk output for the usb stick? There was one change:

distrib/utils/embedded/mkimage                  1.62

        Mark the msdos parition active for boards like the
        BeagleBone Black
        [sevan, ticket #1386]

but I am not sure this would affect your case (but if, the difference in
fdisk output should be obvious, and also provide an easy way to test a change).

Martin