Port-i386 archive

Re: Problems with ld.elf_so in -current

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 11:55:55AM +0200, Jarle Greipsland wrote:
>> it seems that our current ld.elf_so has a problem with certain
>> binaries.  Both gmplayer and xine compiled from pkgsrc seg faults
>> early when started.
>
> Just to make sure: you did recompile the binaries recently? Or you are
> talking about old binaries? Is that from pkgsrc-current?
Yes.  pkgsrc-current from sometime on August 3rd.  NetBSD is
-current from sometime on July 30th.

>> $ gmplayer
>> gmplayer: text relocations
>
> Text relocations are evil and fallout from wrong flags used when compiling
> the binaries/shared libraries or a compiler/assembler/linker bug.
>
>> gmplayer: Cannot write-enable text segment: Permission denied
>
> That is probably security.pax.mprotect at work. This is a fatal error.
Yes.  And that's why my next step was to disable the global
enforcement of the mprotect security policy.  And that was when
the subsequent program invocation seg faulted in ld.elf_so.

					-jarle
--
"... except from the fact that it doesn't work, what do you think about the
     program?"