Port-i386 archive

Re: Problems with pkgsrc on NetBSD-5.2

>>> The situation in NetBSD is effectively:
>>> (1) GCC which has a runtime exception for the libraries that
>>> removes the immediate problems of the GPL3 [...]
>> How does it do that?
> src/external/gpl3/gcc/dist/COPYING.RUNTIME

Assuming this is the file shown by
http://cvsweb.NetBSD.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/external/gpl3/gcc/dist/COPYING.RUNTIME?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN
then I still ask, how does it do that?

As far as I can see, gcc is still not usable for my purposes; programs
compiled with it may not be GPL-infested, but it is not clear to me
under what (if any) circumstances the license permits me to perform
that compliation - or, for that matter, even to fetch and build that
version of gcc.

That's the basic problem I have with GPLv3: the license is Byzantine
enough I have only the vaguest of ideas what it permits and under what
circumstances.  The runtime exception does not fix that.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign