Port-i386 archive

Re: Upraded from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2 --> could not run ELF binary

>> For *most* things, there is a strong emphasis on backwards
>> compatibility.
> Yes, there are a few (very system dependent) exceptions.

Well...sort of.  I recall, back in the 2.something timeframe, when
NetBSD broke gcc's nested functions, without, apparently, even
realizing it.  (Shortly after that, gcc got fixed so they worked - but
at the ruinous performance cost of a trap to the kernel on entry to any
function containg nested functions.  As far as I know that's where it
stands, though I haven't been keeping up to date on the issue.  Someday
I intend to build a compiler that does nested functions without needing
to execute out of the stack, but so far that's strictly a blue-sky
project.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign