Port-i386 archive

Re: VIA C3

Hello Andrius,

  AV> These VIA CPUs have their own AES and RNG implementation
    > called padlock. As far as I remember from testing my VT-
    > 310DP board few yearsback padlock support was disabled
    > by default in NetBSD kernel.

    Does "Padlock" just apply to VIA cores that have both RNG
and AES?  Mine may be an older Nehemiah that has the RNG but
not the AES that was introduced with the C5P variant.  I
believe I included Padlock support in my custom kernel but I
will check tomorrow when I'm back in the office. It's possible
the kernel sees there's no AES and omits support for the RNG
hardware.

Thanks,
  -Andy Ball