Port-i386 archive

Re: Mangled file system directory panic

christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) writes:
> In article <20160811.153708.78150616.jarle%uninett.no@localhost>,
> Jarle Greipsland  <jarle%uninett.no@localhost> wrote:
>>> The panic messages reported by crash is something like:
>>> System panicked: /mnt: bad dir ino 42369 at offset 560: NUL in name []
>>i=0, namlen=4
[ ... ]
>>I have since managed to pin-point where things started to go
>>wrong -- CVS commit-wise.  A -current kernel from CVS with tag
>>'2016.04.03.03.00.00' works just fine, while a kernel with tag
>>'2016.04.03.07.00.00' panics.  The only significant commit in
>>that interval is a change of compiler for the i386 port to GCC
>>5.3 (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2016/04/03/msg073782.html).
>>
>>Are there known bugs in our compiler for (plain) i486 systems?
>>

> Please try compiling ufs_lookup.c with -O0...
I have now tried a kernel with the following lines in the config
file:
makeoptions     CPUFLAGS="-march=i486 -fno-tree-vrp"
makeoptions     "CPUFLAGS.ufs_lookup.c"+="-O0"
makeoptions     DEBUG="-g"      # compile full symbol table

It still panics.
					-jarle
--
"I remarked to Dennis that easily half the code I was writing in Multics was
 error recovery code. He said, "We left all that stuff out. If there's an