Port-i386 archive

Re: Intel device issues...

On Monday 04 April 2016 11:22:14 Michael van Elst wrote:
> >   vendor 8086 product a12f (USB serial bus, xHCI, revision 0x31)
>
> that's USB3.0 and "should" be recognized by the experimental xhci driver.
> It's not enabled by default, you need to build a custom kernel with
>
> xhci* at pci? dev ? function ?        # eXtensible Host Controller
Thanks.  I'll try it.

> and finally
>
> >   vendor 8086 product 15b6 (ethernet network, revision 0x31)
> USB3.1 Controller
>
> That's also some kind of xhci. The "ethernet network" is a wrong
> classification.

Well, there is an on-board ethernet of some kind that is not being
recognized.   The only net interface is lo0.

> So, unless you have more USB devices, you probably will not be able
> to use USB (mouse? keyboard?).

Fortunately, the box has the old keyboard and mouse connectors
on it so I didn't have to use a usb keyboard.   I haven't even got
to the mouse yet due to not installing on it yet.

Thanks for your response.

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson, http://pcnelson.net