Port-i386 archive

Re: Marvell 88SE9230 AHCI?

On Jul 27, 2014, at 7:09 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>
wrote:

> Same system I have; same symptom I have.  Though I don't have any drive
> that works.  We do correctly probe that a target is present and we get
> the link speed right at 6.0 Gbit/sec (though we seem to also probe another
> spurious target with speed of 1.5Gbit/sec) but IDENTIFY fails.

When I got the ASMedia ASM1061, I had a similar problem.

ahci_cmd_complete channel 1 CMD 0x4c017 CI 0x0
ahci_cmd_done channel 1
wd1: IDENTIFY failed
wd1: unable to open device, error = 19
ahci_exec_command port 1 CI 0x0
ahci_cmd_start CI 0x0
ahcisata0 port 1 tbl 0xc5ecb000
ahcisata0 port 1 header 0xc5ec4400
ahci_cmd_complete channel 1 CMD 0x4c017 CI 0x0
ahci_cmd_done channel 1

This was solved by adding AHCI_P_IX_PSS to list of enabled interrupts.

I would suggest looking at what the status is when it timesout.