Port-i386 archive

Re: Does mfi write-back cache work for anyone?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 01:31:45PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> isSOHGood: Yes
>
> I suspect the key point is isSOHGood: you have it set to "no", I have it
> set to "yes". I didn't find in documentations what this means exactly,
> but I suspect this is the firmware's idea of the BBU status or use.

I can't figure out what it is either, but several releases of LSI
firmware for the MegaRAID list bugfixes to incorrect "SOH marking"
in their notes.

Unfortunately, I've got the very latest 5i firmware on this controller,
and I don't know which MegaRAID model is close enough to try flashing
it with firmware from LSI.

Thor