Port-i386 archive

Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/i386/i386

dyoung%pobox.com@localhost said:
> > increased stack use lead to stack overflow on amd64
> > with a deep PCI hierarchy
> Tell me more about this.

It was sys/dev/pci/pci.c rev.1.141 which triggered it.
Stack use must already have been tight, and the additional
device number array was the last straw.
The question is now whether it is sufficient in the long run
to trim down stack usage (eg "devinfo" in ppbattach()),
or whether the kernel stack needs to be increased.

> Please revert the reversion.  I will add a big, fat comment.

It makes more sense if you commit the code together with
the comment, and "cvs annotate"'s output would be more
sensible too.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH