Port-i386 archive

Re: NetBSD on current AMD motherboards

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:25:04PM +0100, Edgar Fu? wrote:

> My main concern is SAS. It looks like there's no support for any SAS-2
> controller yet, only for the (SAS-1) LSI 1068. This sounds strange. What does
> wasabi use in their storage products?

Wasabi doesn't exist.

Your best bet for a supported storage adapter might be a RAID controller
even if you don't use RAID mode.  The vendors usually keep the host
interface pretty stable even as the technology on the disk side changes,
so the drivers usually just work with new generations of hardware.

Areca is one decent choice.  I like LSI considerably less but it will
probably work.

Thor