Port-i386 archive

Detecting ichlpcib watchdog "NO_REBOOT" state

Hi all,

Question about the ichlpcib watchdog:  is there any way to detect from
user-space that the driver found "TCO timer reboot disabled by hardware"?
(other than looking through the dmesg output?)

If I'm understanding correctly, this message is triggered by the driver
detecting and not being able to reset the NO_REBOOT flag on the chip, and means
that the watchdog is in NMI-only mode, and will not actually reboot the system.

I'd like to be able to detect this state and use a different watchdog instead
in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Sergey Katsev
Coyote Point Systems