Port-i386 archive

Re: Looking for suggestions for small, low power machine

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 11:07:17 +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> I'm trying to get larger Sandisk cards, hoping they will work as well..
> (512 MB isn't that much for NetBSD 5.1 without X.)

I had my Soekris 4501 running on a 64 MB CF card for years (up to NetBSD 4.x
I think), it fits the kernel and base.tgz.  To untar system upgrades I had to
pipe the tarball over ssh to tar's stdin though, because there wasn't enough
room to store them on the CF too, but this setup has always worked just fine.

Now I use a 2 Gb CF card, it's a bit more comfortable, with the man pages etc
on board as well.

        Geert

--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert%hendrickx.be@localhost :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F