Port-i386 archive

i386 current install boot failure

Hello,

[ I mentioned this in another thread but I'm starting a new one to get
the correct audience.  Also CCing the developer who did the recent
changes to the i386 boot code. ]

I attempted to boot a current i386 ISO (as of yesterday) on an HP
nx6130 laptop and right after the bootloader finishes loading the
kernel, the screen turns completely white for a second and immediately
afterwards the machine reboots.  If I do "modules off" from the
bootloader prior to the execution of the kernel, the kernel starts
correctly... but then I can't install the system because no file
systems have been loaded.

Interestingly, the same install image boots fine in VMware Fusion.

Any ideas about what may be wrong?

--
Julio Merino