Port-i386 archive

Re: head(1)

> And, you can do all you want with tail that you can with head by
> using the + argument on the command line.   In other wirds, tail +10
> works the same as head -10.

That disagrees with my experience.  tail +10 and head -10 choose the
same line as their breakpoint, but head prints from the beginning to
that line whereas tail prints from that line to the end.  (Each of the
prints the line; try "(head -10 $FILE; tail +10 $FILE) | $diff FILE -"
for some file with at least 11 lines.)

                                        Mouse