Port-i386 archive

bha@pci broken?

VirtualBox offers as one of its options for emulated disk controllers
PCI device 0x104b 1040 (vendor buslogic, device multimaster).  This
should work with NetBSD.  It should work pretty well, actually -- the
driver is old and stable but supports a great deal of concurrency.  It
should help overcome some of the virtualization I/O overhead.

A real Buslogic Multimaster card would also present itself on the ISA
bus -- this emulated one doesn't.

Oddly, though bha* at pci? is in the GENERIC kernel, when I boot a
netbsd-5 install CD image from today's sources, I get "vendor 0x104b
device 0x1040 ... not configured".  I don't see why, bha_pci_match
does:

        if (PCI_VENDOR(pa->pa_id) != PCI_VENDOR_BUSLOGIC)
                return (0);

        if (PCI_PRODUCT(pa->pa_id) != PCI_PRODUCT_BUSLOGIC_MULTIMASTER_NC &&
            PCI_PRODUCT(pa->pa_id) != PCI_PRODUCT_BUSLOGIC_MULTIMASTER)
                return (0);

Which should match.

Does anyone else see why?  VirtualBox also supports an emulated LSI1030
but I've had some trouble with the mpt driver on emulated hardware in the
past, and I find it very hard to debug.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost