Port-i386 archive

panic: config_attach: duplicate uhub3

Hi,

I have recently been assigned a new laptop from our system
administrators, and decided to install NetBSD on it.  The laptop
is a Lenovo T400s.

In order to install NetBSD, I set up a DHCP server and a TFTP
server on an existing system, and proceeded to netboot the
laptop: pxeboot_ia32.bin via config statement in dhcpd.conf, and
the rest through commands to the boot loader:
  load tftp:miniroot.kmod
  boot tftp:netbsd-MONOLITHIC.gz
This all worked fine, and the kernel went on to
autoconfiguration.  Some way through this, it paniced.

Some console output (10-finger copy):

ehci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 7: vendor 0x8086 product 0x293c (rev. 0x03)
ehci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 23
ehci0: companion controllers, 2 ports each: uhci0 uhci1 uhci2
usb3 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
[ ... ]
uhub2 at usb2: vendor 0x8086 UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub3 at usb3: vendor 0x8086 EHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1
panic: config_attach: duplicate uhub3

How can I help fix this problem?

Some unrelated stuff:
The kernel identifies the network interface as

wm0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0: 82801I mobile (AMT) LAN controller, rev. 3

but has problems identifying the MII:

ukphy0 at wm0 phy 1: OUI 0x000000, model 0x0000, rev. 0
ukphy0: no media present
ifmedia_set: no match for 0x20/0xffffff

Possibly a new phy variant yet unknown to the NetBSD kernel?

                                        -jarle