Port-i386 archive

config <kernelname>

I am attempting to compile the i836 arch version 5.0 kernel in order to customize it to my group of machines.

I copied GENERIC to MYKERNEL and attempted to config it with the following

config MYKERNEL

and received a bunch of errors which prevented further progress. The kernel building Howto explains that these must be cleaned up before going to the next step.

I would have thought that the existing GENERIC kernel config file would be suitable for reuse. Am I doing something wrong or
what?

If I have failed to note a previous response to this question, please excuse the faux pas.. I'm just getting started with this and am prone to stumble here and there.

thanks,

David
Birmingham
begin:vcard