Port-i386 archive

Re: Maximum size of FFS partition with NetBSD/i386

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Ray Phillips wrote:

I connected four 1 TB disks to a 3ware 8506-4LP RAID controller, created two RAID0 arrays of equal size, nominally 2 TB, using the 3ware BIOS utility, then attempted to make a single FFS partition on one of them using an install CD created from NetBSD/i386 5.0.1's boot.iso file, but it didn't work.
[snip]
Reduce partition sizes by 190654 MB (309459485 sectors).
[snip]
Is this behaviour expected? Perhaps I shouldn't have tried to make a partition as big as that?

I'm not sure all of my changes were pulled up to the netbsd-5-0 branch. Could you try a daily build of netbsd-5 instead?

--
Stephen